DiscoverEU is a European Union initiative that offers young people the opportunity to travel around Europe.
The first round of applications in June 2018 was attended by 100 480 young people and at least 15 000 participants won a ticket.
During the second round, which will take place from 12 noon (CET) on Thursday 29 November to 12 noon (CET) on Tuesday 11 December, at least another 12 000 young people will have the opportunity to travel throughout Europe.
To give young people from all over the continent the opportunity to participate, the ticket will allow them to travel by train but also to take other means of transport, such as buses and ferries. In exceptional cases and when no other means of transport are available, it will be possible to take the plane. In this way, young people living in remote areas or on islands will also be able to participate.
To participate is necessary:
- be 18 years of age as at 31 December 2018, i.e. be born between 1 January 2000 (inclusive) and 31 December 2000 (inclusive);
- be a national of one of the 28 Member States of the European Union;
- enter the passport or identity card number on the online application form;
- leave from one of the EU Member States;
- intend to travel at least 1 day and at most 30 days;
- travel between 15 April 2019 (first date of departure) and 31 October 2019 (last date of return);
- travel to at least one EU Member State;
- be prepared to become DiscoverEU ambassadors.
For more information visit the dedicated website.